SCP Training Awards:
Building Social Cohesion in a Plural Society
Start Date: 20 April 2020 - End Date: 24 April 2020
Closing Date for Nomination: 9 March 2020
Social cohesion is a cornerstone of Singapore’s success as a nation. This programme shares Singapore’s experience in building an inclusive and caring society, in the midst of changing demographics, societal needs and expectations.
- Singapore’s philosophy and approach to social security
- Public housing and home ownership
- Healthcare coverage
- Managing racial diversity & harmony
- Active citizenry and strong communities
- The stewardship role of government
- Mid-to-senior level government officials involved in social policymaking
- Nominated by their respective Governments
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- In good health
Terms of Award
This award typically covers:
- Group Accident and Hospitalisation Insurance (does not cover outpatient medical/dental treatment)
- Daily Transfers
- Course Fees
- Living Allowance
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance.
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Applicants are advised to submit application and confirmation early to secure a seat.