Singapore-UN Environment Joint Training Programme:
Environmental Leadership Programme for Sustainable Infrastructure
Start Date: 24 February 2020 - End Date: 28 February 2020
Closing Date for Nomination: 13 January 2020
This course is designed to help deliver on the United Nations Environment Assembly (UNEA) resolution on sustainable infrastructure by increasing the participants’ understanding of opportunities and challenges associated with developing sustainable infrastructure, as well as the policy conditions to enable and address them. The course will cover links between infrastructure and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with an emphasis on integrated approaches and how planners can maximise SDG outcomes by incorporating sustainability concerns into the early strategic planning of infrastructure. This knowledge can then be incorporated into decision-making processes.
· Sustainable infrastructure in the regional context
· Delivering SDGs through sustainable infrastructure: renewable energy, green transport, clean water, waste management, etc.
· Nature-based infrastructure solutions – opportunities and challenges
· Infrastructure system integration and sustainability acceleration
· Green Finance: access to green finance under international financial institutions (IFIs) funding mechanism, green bonds, green climate financing, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), public-private partnerships (PPPs) to leverage financing, etc
Upper working-level/technical-level decision makers and policymakers involved in infrastructure planning.
Eligible Countries / Organisation
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, India, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam, and the ASEAN Secretariat
Terms of Award
This award typically covers:
-Economy class return airfare
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance.
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Applicants are advised to submit application and confirmation early to secure a seat.