Start Date: 26 Nov 2019 - End Date: 28 Nov 2019
Closing Date for Nomination: 16 Oct 2019 (Nominations Closed)
This workshop aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to prepare requests and offers with respect to goods market access concessions. Whilst focused on FTA negotiations, the skills would also be applicable for other plurilateral, regional or multilateral negotiations relating to market access for exports of goods.
- Overview of the current trends in merchandise trade and related trade profiles in identifying position of participating countries in global goods trade;
- Review of goods schedule architecture and key obligations and Interpretation of goods schedules; Market access negotiations on goods (both industrial and agriculture) with mock simulations; and
- What could constitute a “Model” trade in goods chapter in FTAs.
Middle-level trade officials who handle trade in goods issues and have had or will have some involvement in Trade in Goods market access negotiations in free trade agreements.
Terms of Award
This award typically covers:
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance.
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Applicants are advised to submit application and confirmation early to secure a seat.