International Law of the Sea
Start Date: 18 November 2019 - End Date: 22 November 2019
Closing Date for Nomination: 7 October 2019 (Nominations Closed)
This course focuses on the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), encompassing the rights and obligations of States in the various maritime zones, as well as the role of key international organisations.
- An overview of international law and the Law of the Sea
- Dispute settlement including UNCLOS mechanisms
- MArine scientific research
- Maritime Boundary delimitation and economic zones
- Fish Stock Agreement, IUU fishing and the marine environment
- Government officials who have little or no expertise in Law of the Sea, but tackle issues relating to it.
- This includes those holding foreign affairs, fisheries, marine and environment portfolios, offshore oil and gas authorities, the coast guard and navy.
Terms of Award
This award typically covers:
- Limited Coverage Insurance
- Daily Transfers
- Course Fees
- Living Allowance
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. ----Please complete the online application form which can be accessed via the button below. Send your application form to your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance for endorsement.
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Applicants are advised to submit application and confirmation early to secure a seat.