Japan-Singapore Partnership Programme for the 21st Century (JSPP21):
Urban Development towards a Smart Nation Vision
Start Date: 3 February 2020 - End Date: 7 February 2020
Closing Date for Nomination: 23 December 2019
The course will allow participants to understand the driving forces, challenges and opportunities for sustainable urban development, urban management and Smart Nation development from both Japan and Singapore. Participants will acquire practical policy application tips through action planning sessions with practitioners and get exposure to case studies of urban development policies in urban domains
- History of Urban Planning in Urban
- Urban Governance for sustainable and smart cities
- Collaboration among governments, private sectors and residents / local communities, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and Smart urban solutions and business models
- Singapore's Smart Nation programme, the driving forces and key domain areas
- Urban Management and analytics
- Japan's Smart City, involving local communities
- Effective public involvement including community participation
- Social Dimension of smart urban solutions through community engagement
Heading departments or projects at a national or city level related to the adoption and implementation of smart urban solutions, housing, transport, urban renewal / redevelopment, water, waste management or greening. Teams are expected to be headed by Director or Director-General level officials, and accompanied by a technical officer.
List of eligible countries
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Laos PDR, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam.
Terms of Award
This award covers:
- Course Fees
- Training Allowance
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance.
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance and e-Visa (if any) to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Applicants are advised to submit application and confirmation early to secure a seat.