Public-Private Partnership (PPP): Infrastructure Projects Development
Start Date: 3 August 2020 - End Date: 6 August 2020
Closing Date for Nomination: 13 July 2020 (Nominations Closed)
Leveraging the respective comparative advantage of the public and private sectors, Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) remain a viable platform to fund and manage development projects. This course aims to share with the participants the best practices on PPP collaborations, frameworks and processes.
The course will be delivered through a "blended” virtual classroom comprising a combination of asynchronous e-Learning (independent and self-study of online modules on a web-based Learning Management System) and synchronous e-Learning (“live” lecture sessions and other activities facilitated by a trainer).
At the end of the course, participants will also sit for the APMG Certified PPP Professional (CP3P) Foundation Exam and successful candidates will be awarded the PPP Foundation Certification. The certification is a pre-requisite for the advanced certifications. [Note: The SCP currently does not offer the advanced certifications.]
- The PPP Frameworks and project cycles and the sectors PPP is used in
- Effective regulations and enabling legislation
- The fundamentals of successfully financing PPP projects, financing models and risk assessment
- The most effective sources of funding PPP projects plus their benefits and limitation
- How to set up new PPP frameworks and to identify effective existing framework
- The key phrases in the PPP process
- Project Identification and PPP Screening for PPP Projects
- Key steps and procedures in appraising PPP projects
- Procurement including structuring and drafting PPP Tenders and contracts and contract management
- Advantages and disadvantages, successes and challenges in PPP
- Singapore's policies, best practices and regulatory frameworks for PPP developments
- Mid-to-senior level officials involved in infrastructure projects, planning and management
- Nominated by their respective Governments
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Able to attend all the “live” training sessions and take the APMG CP3P Foundation Exam
- Have access to an internet-enabled device with Zoom installed, a functioning webcam and audio
Conducted via Zoom
The course will be held over 4 days from 3 to 6 August 2020.
The “live” training sessions will be conducted from 3.00 to 5.00 pm (Singapore Time; UTC/GMT +8 hours) each day. Participants are expected to complete the asynchronous e-Learning (to be assigned by the trainer) before attending the “live” training sessions.
Terms of Award
This award covers: Course Fees
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance.
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the confirmation online form to secure a seating in the course.
This Course has limited seatings for 20 participants only. Applicants are advised to submit application and confirmation early to secure a seat.