Singapore-United States Third Country Training Programme
Workshop on Adapting Intellectual Property to Promote Innovation and Creativity in New Technologies
Start Date: 16 March 2020 - End Date: 20 March 2020
Closing Date for Nomination: 31 January 2020 (Nominations Closed)
The five-day course aims to provide participants with an opportunity to learn about cutting-edge technologies promoting innovation and creativity and implications for existing intellectual property rights (IPR) systems. During this course, the participants will
• Identify new, cutting-edge, technologies; describe, generally, what these new technologies are and how they work.
• Give examples of the types of IPR issues that these new technologies implicate.
• Explain how these new technologies are (or are not) protected under their existing IPR regime.
• Develop a plan for assessing deficiencies of their existing IPR regime, including laws, regulations, practices and procedures, and evaluating what changes may be required.
- Mid-to-senior level government officials who work in the intellectual property office; or other agencies responsible for intellectual property, commerce, telecommunications, standards and new technologies
Applicants Should Be
- Involved with functions pertaining to law enforcement or policymaking related to new technologies and technology development management
- Nominated by their Government
- Proficient in English
- In good health
- Prepared to participate actively in the programme
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Timor-Leste
Terms of Award
This award typically covers:
- Economy Class round-trip air ticket
- Daily Transfers
- Course Fees
- Living Allowance
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Selection of candidates for the limited number of training awards will be based on merit.