Singapore-United States Third Country Training Programme
Workshop on Disease Outbreak and Response
Start Date: 18 November 2019 - End Date: 22 November 2019
Closing Date for Nomination: 2 October 2019 (Nominations Closed)
The five-day course aims to enhance the ASEAN community to prevent and respond to potentially acute TB health risks that have potential to cross borders and threaten the region and beyond. The current best practices and principles derived from the experiences from managing the past TB outbreaks will be valuable to the participants. i.e. in the area of clinical management, surveillance, contact tracing, program planning, policies, data sharing etc. The course will also aim to help identify trends and share the insights in the global pandemic landscape, thereby reinforcing the participants’ understanding for tackling trans-boundary spread of TB, and better their preparedness in effective response to TB outbreaks through building up and sustaining their disease resiliencies. There will be a well-balanced mix of classroom-style teaching sessions, interesting hands-on lessons, case studies and relevant site visits. The course will incorporate interaction and cross-learning through group discussions and presentations. Weaving together learning points and ideas, insights gained from the course will be beneficial for future course of work.
- Invited countries are strongly encouraged to consider sending representatives that are involved in coordinating within their governments and with regional partners on TB control.
- Particular consideration will be given to participants associated with TB National Technical Programs associated with the Global Fund in the Lower Mekong Region.
- Applicants representing sectors other than health, particularly those responsible for international travel and border management, are encouraged.
Applicants Should Be
- Be able to work with people outside their area of expertise
- Be prepared to share the techniques learnt at the workshop with members of other offices and ministries
- Be prepared to participate actively in the programme
- Nominated by their Government
- Proficient in English
- In good health
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Timor-Leste
Terms of Award
This award typically covers:
- Economy Class round-trip air ticket
- Daily Transfers
- Course Fees
- Living Allowance
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Selection of candidates for the limited number of training awards will be based on merit.