Singapore-United States Third Country Training Programme
Workshop on Smart Cities
Start Date: 2 December 2019 - End Date: 6 December 2019
Closing Date for Nomination: 1 November 2019
The workshop is designed to provide participants with a better understanding of (i) writing bankable project proposals; (ii) the available means and mechanisms to fund smart cities; and (iii) economically and environmentally sustainable approaches to funding smart city projects; (iv) best practices relating to cybersecurity, standards, and procurement in smart cities.
The course will feature thematic sessions led by smart cities experts, site visits, ‘deep dive’ scenario planning exercises, interactive workshops, and networking sessions with public as well as private sector solution providers.
Delegates should be middle or senior-level officials (directors and deputy director equivalents), whether elected or administrative, who have influence in shaping policy.
Ideal candidates are:
- Officials from cities in Southeast Asia – especially those representing individual ASEAN Smart Cities Network pilot cities;
- ASEAN national representatives for smart cities; and
- Additional subject matter experts and decision makers from ASEAN member states serving at the municipal, state, or national levels and holding responsibilities related to core TCTP training topics.
Applicants Should Be
- Nominated by their Government;
- Proficient in English;
- In good health;
- Be able to work with people outside their area of expertise;
- Be prepared to share the techniques learnt at the workshop with members of other offices and ministries; and
- Be prepared to participate actively in the programme – including through site visits and a series of interactive
- All participants must be found eligible for participation under U.S. law.
Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Timor-Leste
Terms of Award
This award typically covers:
- Economy Class round-trip air ticket
- Daily Transfers
- Course Fees
- Living Allowance
Step 1 Invitation.
The General Information Brochure will be conveyed to eligible countries/territories/inter-governmental organisations about twelve weeks prior to the commencement of a course. You can also find more information about courses under the SCP on this Website.
Step 2 Application.
Interested applicants should be suitably qualified and holding relevant portfolios to the programme you are applying to. Please complete the online form that can be accessed via the button below and obtain endorsement from your Supervisor and designated Focal Points for Technical Assistance
Step 3 Confirmation.
Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and Confirmation Letter via email.
- Please check your email and submit the necessary travel documents/flight tickets to confirm your attendance as early as possible.
- Your place is confirmed once the travel documents/flight tickets are verified.
- Please ensure that your passport or travel document has a minimum of six-month validity period and (if required) you have obtained the visa(s) for transits and/or entry into Singapore.
- Please bring along the Conditional Letter of Acceptance to Singapore to facilitate airport clearance.
This Course has limited seatings. Selection of candidates for the limited number of training awards will be based on merit.